When you want to view information about features already displayed on the map, you use one of the identify tools.
By default if you click on a feature you see on the map without activating any tools, the viewer performs identify operation at that location.
The identify tools are available on the toolbar, in the Identify tab, under the Identify Features By Location group.
The features you see on the base maps cannot be identified. For instance, when the County Base Map is visible, the streets, parks, and water features are not identifiable. If you wish to identify these features, use the Layer List to turn on the respective layers
- Identify features at a location
- Identify features as multiple point locations
- Identify features that touch a line
- Identify features that intersect a freehand drawn line
- Identify features that are within or touch a rectangle
- Identify features that are within or touch a polygon
- Clear identified features from result set